New Year’s Sexual Resolutions
What new year’s resolutions have you set this year?
Maybe you planned how you would *finally* lose that 2 stone this year, or that you would take up a new sport, paint more, drink less, laugh more, or manifest £10,000? You may have created a vision board, meditated, wrote a list, or created a Pinterest board of what you want to bring in this year.
Whatever you planned to bring in this year, I’m wondering if you remembered one very important thing… SEXUAL RESOLUTIONS!
Obviously I’m going to include this, because it’s so easy to leave your sexuality out of your personal development and wellness routine.
Yes, you really can (and really should) include your sexuality and relationship in your intentions.
So what do you want to create for your sex life, love life, and eroticism?
If you’re stuck for setting sexual resolutions, here are some ideas for you:
1. Put your pleasure first. Decide that this is the year you put your pleasure first. Get educated, learn about your body, find out what turns you on and what you like, learn epic sexual communication skills. If you’re somebody who puts up with sex just to keep your partner happy, and end up feeling frustrated and resentful, then this is your mission.
Repeat after me: Your pleasure matters!
2. Get educated. Go to events, read books, listen to podcasts, go to workshops. We were all failed by sex education which is why we need to learn it as adults. Just because you’re a grown-up now doesn’t mean that you have it all sorted. You spend time and money to learn how to cook better, how to do your makeup, how to knit, how you play better sport, how to drive, and how to exercise better. Your sexuality is no different.
3. Invest in your pleasure. Whether it’s updating your toy collection (and throwing out any nasty jelly toys that leak phthalates into your bloodstream), buying some good quality lube, taking some programs in the art of self pleasure, or buying some awesome lingerie. Check out my guide to Pleasure Resources for more inspiration.
4. Write your sexual bucket list. Write out everything you want to experience and would dare to try. Don’t censor yourself, it’s time to be really honest. Now how can you make some of these a reality?
5. Experience your sexual energy. Learn some juicy tantric and taoist techniques to explore your sexual energy all by yourself. Your life will never be the same again.
6. Decide to finally work on your blocks to intimacy and pleasure. Is this the year you decide to heal your trauma and come home to your body? It’s never too late, and I completely believe in you. Reach out to me and let’s see if I’m the right fit to help you do this.
7. Make more time for sex and intimacy. Carve it out in your schedule- both solo play and partner play. Commit to exploring your body and your pleasure potential.
I hope this year, your sexual and erotic dreams really do become a reality and you can create the relationship you truly desire.